Stillpoint Wellbeing Center
Functional Medicine & Acupuncture located in Plaistow, Barrington, & Rye, NH
If you’re looking for an integrative way to help heal underlying root causes of sickness in your body, Stillpoint Wellbeing Center in Plaistow, Barrington, and Rye, New Hampshire, offers a highly personalized approach using functional medicine. James Tobin, MD, and the team know how to treat and help manage symptoms in your body to improve your overall well-being. Call the office nearest you or book an appointment online today.
Functional Medicine Q&A
What is functional medicine?
Functional medicine is a holistic approach that focuses on identifying the root cause of disease, so it can be addressed. Your body can heal if the causes of chronic inflammation and other imbalances are identified and reduced or eliminated.
Stillpoint Wellbeing Center is a patient-centered practice that focuses on discovering the underlying cause of your issue. Since functional medicine is highly customized, Dr. Tobin combines the best options from conventional and alternative medicine to treat your condition.
By investigating your specific situation, the team’s top priority is to work with you to improve your health so you can enjoy your life.
What symptoms does functional medicine treat?
Functional medicine is an integrative approach to healing that treats many symptoms. They include:
- Chronic fatigue
- Weight gain
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Brain fog
Functional medicine looks for the root cause involved in any loss of function to explain your present symptoms.
At Stillpoint Wellbeing Center, Dr. Tobin uses genetic testing to examine the underlying cause of disease and then creates a personalized treatment plan for you.
Why does functional medicine work?
Functional medicine helps heal the human body based on five basic principles:
- Functional medicine treats the individual, not the disease, since every person is genetically and biochemically unique, supporting the normal healing mechanisms of the body.
- Science shows that understanding a person’s network of relationships can help you see into the functioning of the body.
- Your body is intelligent and has the capacity to self-regulate, which expresses itself through a dynamic balance of all your body systems.
- Your body can heal itself and prevent nearly all the diseases of aging.
- Health is more than the absence of disease. It’s a state of immense vitality.
Your body can heal if the causes of chronic inflammatory disease and other imbalances are identified and reduced or eliminated.
To experience a personalized diagnostic approach, call the Stillpoint Wellbeing Center office nearest you or book your appointment online today.